Designers at MAQE
MAQE is a digital consultancy on a mission to (literally) change how the world works. We’ve been around for 6 years, have grown an average of 25% per year, and currently have 40+ full-time employees.
We create a variety of digital products. But we don’t just build things — we actually solve problems. And we do this for startups and multinationals corporations alike.
Another thing you need to know is that we take Employee Engagement very seriously. We believe that happy people do good work and that if we get engagement right, everything else will follow.
We currently have six designers of staff covering everything from design research and UX to visual design. But we’re increasingly busy and so we need help.
Designers at MAQE do a lot of different things:
We create three types of digital products: branded experiences, e-commerce platforms, and custom applications. Each type offers different design challenges:
- Experiential websites focus primarily on branding, visual design, and motion.
- E-commerce platforms focus mainly on UX and conversation optimization.
- Web & Mobile Applications includes the above, plus business/product design.
We get involved at various stages of the product lifecycle: we discover needs, create MVPs, and continuously improve existing products. Each stage offers different challenges:
- Discover involves design research, ideation workshops, and rapid prototyping
- Create focus on production and all kinds of UX and UI deliverables
- Improve involves incremental improvements, experimentation, and A/B testing
We work in various roles and team constellations. And depending on your expertise and experience, you might choose one of the following:
- Associates (Level 2 on our salary ladder) work alongside more experienced designers.
- Seniors (Level 3 on our salary ladder) work independently, leading design for their projects.
- Leads (Level 4 on our salary ladder) supports less senior designers on big projects.
We are currently hiring for Associate and Senior roles only.
You'll find our salary ladder HERE.
The above means you can design your own career path:
- Visual Designers focus on communication through look and feel. And they primarily use their skills to create branded experiences that are immersive and meaningful.
- Experience Designers focus on information needs, structure, and usability. And they primarily use their skills to create and improve e-commerce and custom applications.
- Product Designers think strategically about business and growth. And they primarily use their skills to discover and create custom applications — typically in lead roles.
Senior designers have the additional choice of choosing either of two career paths: maker or manager. If you are a maker, you enjoy spending hours in front of the computer creating things. And if you are a manager, you enjoy dealing with people — helping them organize their work and/or grow in their careers. You can chose to do either or both. It's up to you.
Regardless of the path you choose, you’ll need to:
- Be results-oriented and always think one or two steps ahead
- Be a great friend, a good colleague, and an awesome human being
- Be curious, eager to learn, and willing to try new things
- Be dependable, well-organized, and able to manage your own workload
You also need to be good at what you do, obviously. And we’d prefer that you speak Thai. But we don’t particularly care about age, gender, ethnicity, work experience, or education etc. Life has taught us that greatness comes in all shapes and sizes ;-)
- Autonomy; freedom to do something great
- Competitive salaries, plus bonus scheme
- Open plan office right next to Ploenchit BTS
- Agile and efficient work processes
- Choice of MacBook Air/Pro 13 with display OR a 27” iMac
- Free snacks and soda at work, beer on Fridays
- Flexible work hours (e.g., 9AM-11AM to 6PM-8PM)
- Relaxed atmosphere, little to no overtime
- Lots of creative freedom and responsibility
HOW TO APPLY
Please use the application form below.
Successful candidates will be asked to (1) complete a small design task, (2) attend a team fit interview in which you’ll meet a cross-section of MAQERs, and (3) attend a third and final interview with management.
Note to foreign candidates: We’re happy to hire non-Thais. However, the Thai Board of Investment (BOI) has strict guidelines on who we can issue work-permits to. Before applying, please ensure you have the following:
- Relevant degree to the position you are applying for (i.e., Designer = design degree), or
- A minimum of 5 years of well documented and relevant work experience.
- Certificates and transcripts from relevant institutions (you won’t believe the paperwork required!), and
- Patience. The foreign worker application process is more art than science 😉
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!