As an Experience Designers at MAQE, you will spend the majority of your time working on complex digital products such as custom web applications and/or e-commerce platforms. You will:
- Participate in design and prototyping workshops
- Conduct interviews, field research, and UX audits
- Present research findings to customers
- Create a verity of UX deliverables:
- Personas and Customer Journeys
- Siteflows and Wireframes
- Taxonomies and Content Inventories
- Microcopy, often in both Thai and English
- Plan and conduct usability tests
- Participate in recurring Agile/Scrum meetings
To see how this role differs/compliments other design positions at MAQE, see Design at MAQE.
Regardless of the path you choose, you’ll need to:
- Be results-oriented and always think one or two steps ahead
- Be a great friend, a good colleague, and an awesome human being
- Be curious, eager to learn, and willing to try new things
- Be dependable, well-organized, and able to manage your own workload
Importantly, you also need to speak fluent Thai.
You also need to be good at what you do, obviously. But we don’t particularly care about age, gender, ethnicity, work experience, or education etc. Life has taught us that greatness comes in all shapes and sizes ;-)
- Autonomy; freedom to do something great
- Competitive salaries, plus bonus scheme
- Open plan office right next to Ploenchit BTS
- Agile and efficient work processes
- Choice of MacBook Air/Pro 13 with display OR a 27” iMac
- Free snacks and soda at work, beer on Fridays
- Flexible work hours (e.g., 9AM-11AM to 6PM-8PM)
- Relaxed atmosphere, little to no overtime
- Lots of creative freedom and responsibility
HOW TO APPLY
Please use the application form below.
Successful candidates will be asked to (1) complete a small design task, (2) attend a team fit interview in which you’ll meet a cross-section of MAQERs, and (3) attend a third and final interview with management.
Note to foreign candidates: We’re happy to hire non-Thais. However, the Thai Board of Investment (BOI) has strict guidelines on who we can issue work-permits to. Before applying, please ensure you have the following:
- Relevant degree to the position you are applying for (i.e., Designer = design degree), or
- A minimum of 5 years of well documented and relevant work experience.
- Certificates and transcripts from relevant institutions (you won’t believe the paperwork required!), and
- Patience. The foreign worker application process is more art than science 😉